However, there is really no difference in a home based business for women than for men, because in today’s world both genders can do anything they want. Any side business for women is just a side business that women will like to do and can do well.
What would you consider to be a woman’s side business? Sewing, knitting, arranging parties for selling candles or cookware – yes these are some examples of traditional ideas for side businesses for women. Here are some other ideas for side hustles for women:
- Travel Agent – generate good salaries and get big travel discounts.
- Content Writers – write articles or sales copy for web sites, ezines, etc.,
- Affiliate Sellers - sell products online and receive commissions.
- Personal Shoppers – Since women are savvy shoppers, they know what other women are looking for when they go shopping.
- Online Store - Selling children’s clothing online or hard to find women’s sizes in clothing – these are two examples of a profitable side business for women. Men can also have this type of business selling personal care items like for beards. Customers who shop online don’t really care whether men or women own the site as long as they can get what they need at an affordable price.
When you think about using an idea for a side business for women, you should also compare the costs involved in starting a regular business that you operate out of your home with that of a woman’s home based business operating online.
Operating from your home require a minimum:
- Zoning – is it legal to operate a business from your residence?
- Licensing – must get proper licenses to operate within your city or county
- Advertising – can you put a sign out in your yard or on your door to let people know about your business?
- Traffic – are you allowed to get a lot of delivery vehicles, foot or cars parked to visit your business at your residence?
- Storage – if you have inventory where will you maintain it?
To operate and online business doesn’t require as much as from the home there are a few considerations you’ll need:
- Website – a place for shoppers and visitors where they can find and buy your products
- URL – your online domain name that is associated with your website and brand
- Autoresponder Service – This is to onboard new clients or ship out purchases and make upsells while building a list.
- Traffic – This is a way to drive buyers to your products and website so they’ll know you’re there and purchase.
Whichever type of side business you choose, you will have to work at it to make it profitable. However, it doesn’t take as much work or as high an investment to realize profits from an online side business.
Ultimately, any side business comes down to the individual. What do they like to do? What do they want to do?
If you are really serious about starting a side hustle get your copy of the IVA Hustle Presents The Big Book of Freelancing: 27 Top Gigs for Side Hustlers!
Happy Fathers’ Day Hustlers
Iolande V. Argent,
CEO, Media Personality, Branding Specialist & Financial Consultant
Tweet Me @tweetiv